Our COVID-19 policy
A (post-)pandemic world requires a lot of adaptations on hygienic measures, official rules and
our own ethics to go by. We’re happy to be able to organise IRL-events again, but these will
require non-stop adaptations of the festival set-up, and compliance by our visitors,
professional crew and team. Please read this information carefully, so you know how we will
organise and what you’ll have to agree on in order to participate to Burning Swing.
Obviously the goal of setting the boundaries and conditions for the festival will create
opportunities, freedom and a system to not only protect yourself, but also others in
COVID cancellation policy
- In case of event cancellation due to sanitary measures, a full refund will be provided to
- In case of event postponing, we will automatically transfer all paid tickets to the new
date. If you cannot make it, you can ask for a cancellation and you will get a full refund.
- If you cannot participate due to COVID, you can cancel your ticket and get a full refund
under the condition to provide an official proof of positive COVID test from your country of
- For now, it seems, social dancing at evening parties will be possible and completely free.
It is possible that in case of changes in the health measures and regulations we have to
organise additional social circles of contact.
- For those who do not feel comfortable social dancing with others, we allow you to create
your own limitations and limit your dancing to a fixed partner/solo or your own smaller
COVID general rules
We request that you follow the general hygiene measures
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
- Cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow or into a paper towel. Dispose of the papers
immediately in a trash can.
- We insist you to avoid close contact with people outside the festival, to reduce the risk of
infection and spreading. We consider all participants and crew being part of a closed social
- Always follow the instructions of the organization.
The situation is in constant evolution, so be aware of the following
- In case of a significant rise of numbers, or more restrictions from the government, we will
adjust our policy accordingly. This might include extra testing on site for all participants
and crew, which might come with an extra cost. Or it could include a partial cancellation of
tickets to respect maximum numbers at the event. We will reduce participants in opposite
- We believe that most dancers are up-to-date and conscious about the risk of their own and
other people’s health. Through registering, you agree to avoid unnecessary close contact
with people outside of the event, creating an ‘event bubble’.
- Participants from abroad can find useful information about travel possibilities and
- Participants are comprehensive of changes due to Force Majeure or constant changing
regulations of the Belgian National and Brussels Government. We will always follow the most
recent measures, which may affect safety requirements of the event.
- We’ll do our best to provide as much safety and peace of mind to everyone involved. Last but
not least, we’ll make sure that you will be reminded of the spontaneous thrill and joy of
dancing to live music.
This policy is adapted from Upside Down. Thanks to them!